Senior Trainer - Piscataway, NJ - salary to $95k (no relo provided)Senior Trainer - Piscataway, NJ - salary to $95k (no relo provided)
This position exists to enhance the knowledge and skills of new and current employees in all aspects of professional, business, leadership/managerial and technical skills. This will be done by employing a variety of methods of instruction, including instructor led, on the job coaching, e-learning, distance learning, and developing of materials that will be available to any employee. The ultimate goal is to increase employee efficiency and effectiveness to deliver business results.
This position also exists to integrate the learning & Development into the way business is performed . This position will meet with assigned client groups to identify and evaluate business needs in employee performance to recommend potential training and organizational development strategies. . This position will strive toward Company Learning & Development becoming the provider of choice when training and / or development solutions are required within Company.
In addition to the strong focus on facilitation and classroom training, this position serves as a consultant and liaison to recommend change management and human performance improvement solutions for all levels of staff. This includes performing diagnostics, designing and facilitating custom solutions, leadership development in addition to individual coaching events and group-level OD solutions.
This role reports to the Manager of Learning & Development and is an individual contributor.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
· Conducts training programs for all levels of staff with particular focus on soft skills and leadership training.
· Performs needs analysis and creation of training materials, student assessments, facilitator guides, learner guides, job aids, etc.
· Acts as a liaison for the training department between internal Co. Organization Units and external vendors as needed
· Advances innovative business practices to increase individual, group and corporate productivity and performance
· Documents new and existing classes according to departmental instructional design standards with the approval of management
· Keeps abreast of training trends to ensure training programs incorporate best practice with an emphasis on skill application in order to engage employees and trainees
· Facilitates execution of enterprise initiatives and change-management projects with a learning component including development and delivery of initial courses, as well as ongoing training related to the system launch
· Act as a lead for small to medium sized change-management projects with a learning component (including development and delivery of initial courses, as well as ongoing training related to the system launch)
· Guides client groups in diagnosing and identifying learning objectives and strategies to address business goals
· Performs various operational tasks associated with the learning and development projects/tasks.
· Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Education, Business or related field
· 6+ years of combined training design and delivery experience for multiple curriculum and training audiences
· Knowledge of adult learning theory concepts and principles
· Experience with e-learning authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline and Camtasia preferred
· Candidate should have or be willing to work toward certification in training disciplines from a recognized certification agency (e.g. ASTD, SHRM)
Skills & Other Requirements:
· Ability to work independently and also contribute to team goals
· Ability to interact with internal customers at all levels expected, as is a working knowledge of general business practices to perform performance and productivity assessments.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Candidate must be proficient with current PC and Mac desktop productivity technology/applications (e.g. Microsoft Office) and have a familiarity with high technical level skills (e.g. HTML, Windows, Oracle, CMS)
· Must have excellent presentation skills.
Mark E. Allen Frank E. Allen & Associates, Inc.